Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Various Things

First of all, special thanks go out to mi hermano, who stretched out his hand from kuwait and mailed me some super nice name brand trecking poles. The cheepies I started with both completly broke but these are designed in da Rhineland and you know the germans make good things. Rock on brother. Consider my bacon to be saved.

The weather has been outstanding lately. Blue skies with a touch of autumn crispness to the air. Of course it has rained on me only once since I changed footwear to be more rain compatible, but hey, I'm not complaining!

Not to sound cliche, but mere hours after crossing into New York I came across a road side pizza stand, which I immediately patronized. It was every bit as delicious as you would imagine it was.

The goal is seventy five miles over the next three days. A daunting task but if the weather continues nice I think it is possible. I felt strong today, and twenty two miles flew by with almost no effort and no ill effects. (Unless you count the amazing amount of food I ate.)

It was a good day on the trail and I am feeling happy to be out here, almost ludicrously so. There are so many people that I love who are sacrificing to make this possible for me, and I can't thank them enough. Looking at you, family mine and future wifey woman.

Got to save some battery power for the next three day stretch. Love from New York, the State that never Sheeps. (Only lots of cows so far).

Happy Trails!
PAWN

1 comment:

  1. Dude happy you got the gear, hope it helps. FYI we are all extremely jealous of you and your nice weather.

    ReplyDelete