Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Ouch!

The callouses on my heels (at this point, basically my entire heel) suddenly dried out and split completly open in the night. This must be an unintended consequence of suddenly NOT having wet feet for three days at a time.

Speaking of which, the hike in chaco sandals plan worked perfectly. As usual, it rained on me coming out of Manchester Center and for the first time I walked through it knowing I would be dry the next day.

ANYWAY. I need some treatment options for my feet. Just tried to walk around without my pack on and the pain is severe. There is a grocery store 2 miles away so any treatment ideas must be something I can buy at a standard pharmacy section.

2 comments:

  1. I emailed you some treatment options..hope it helps

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, that looks terrible! everything I read says to keep your feet moisturized, but temporary relief is sometimes found in a tube of SuperGlue. not sure about that....but the article said it holds the dead skin together and keeps it from pulling on the live skin which causes pain. times like this make you wish you had Hobbit Feet.

    ReplyDelete