Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Notes from moxie bald mountain

Today I feel better than I have in days. The two hundred blisters on my feet are beginning to harden. The ache in my knees has faded considerably. Two low milage days combined with ten of the flattest miles in Maine today have healed my body and spirit. The three hundred and sixty degree view from the top of Moxie Bald also help. Some quick notes: the mosquitos have been replaced with a sadistic species of gnat that apparently reproduces by dive bombing directly into my eye. Snickers bars remain my chief source of spiritual happiness. Cold Beer still talks about cold beers all the time but primarily wants the bugs to go away. The mice at the last shelter have a taste for plastic. Cold Beer had his water filter chewed to shreds. My favorite thing about Maine is now the lakes and the loons. Okay gotta go--miles to go and promises to keep and all that.
Happy trails--
Pawn

No comments:

Post a Comment